Stop reaching for that 2nd, 3rd, 4th cup of coffee and try these natural energy producers.
1. Maca – We talked about mama powder during superfoods week. It’s a great energy producers and is a great source of protein for your muscles.
2. Cacao – Wonderufl source of antioxident. Also gives you a brain-boosting dose of dopamine to improve your mood and motivation. Add to a smoothie or coffee.
3. Spirulina – Amazing source of iron, protein and Vitamin B12. Great source of nutrients for vegans!
4. Acai Berries – Also talked about during Superfoods week. It also contains a large amount of anthocyanins that improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, and protect the brain and nervous system.
5. Chia Seeds – Chia helps hold water in the body to prevent dehydration and it contains large amounts of magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, B vitamins, and calcium. All of these nutrients are prime fuel for your muscles, your heart, your brain, and your nervous system.
6. Matcha – Matcha is a form of green tea that’s less processed than most types you’ll find at the store. It’s rich in chlorophyll, more so than wheatgrass, spinach, or broccoli, and it’s a fantastic source of antioxidants.
7. Camu Camu – An incredible brain-booster and energy-booster. The Vitamin C in camu camu helps reduce inflammation, combat fatigue, acts as an anti-fungal, and protects the immune system.
More detailed information can be found here: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/superfoods-that-improve-your-workouts