Italian Fish & Veggie Pockets
April 1, 2014
1 lemon, zested
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, stemmed
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup white wine (you can substitute vegetable broth)1/4 cup lemon juice4 teaspoons olive oil4 (4-ounce) trout, salmon or tilapia fillets, skinned
8 thin slices lemon
1/4 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a small bowl mix together the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Layout the 4 sheets of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
4. Place 1/4 of the sugar snap peas, 1/4 of the yellow bell peppers, and 1/4 of the orange bell peppers on each sheet of foil.
5. Over each pile of vegetables drizzle 2 tablespoons of white wine (or vegetable broth), 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently toss. Top each pile of seasoned vegetables with a piece of fish.
7. Sprinkle the fish with some of the reserved lemon zest mixture. Top each fish with 2 slices of lemon.
8. Fold up the foil/parchment paper into an air-tight packet.
9. Place the packets in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
10. Sprinkle the fish with mint just before serving.
NOTE: This recipe is very lemony. You may want to cut out either the lemon juice or lemon zest.