1 cup organic coconut oil
1 cup organic cocoa butter
essential oil of you choice
1. Measure out one cup of coconut oil and one cup of cocoa butter. Depending on the temperature of your kitchen, the coconut oil will probably be in a soft solid state similar to the consistency of Crisco. The cocoa butter on the other hand is more solid. I usually take a butter knife and hack at the cocoa butter container until I get enough chunks to fill the measuring cup. It’s a great way to take out your frustrations from the week!
2. Put the coconut oil and cocoa butter into a small to medium saucepan on medium heat. Melt the contents until completely liquid, and there are no longer any chunks. It usually takes 4-5 minutes.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl and refrigerate until the liquid becomes a soft solid again. This took about a few hours for me, but I’m sure all refrigerators are different.
4. Add your essential oil to your liking. For this batch, I used two cap-fulls of peppermint, first distill, from my essential oil sampler pack I ordered from Brambleberry.com.
5. Mix until light and fluffy, similar to whipped cream consistency. This took me about 10 minutes on a high setting on my Kitchenaid stand mixer.
6. Transfer to a jar, and enjoy. That’s it!
For the full recipe and pictures visit: https://hensandhoney.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/how-to-make-luxurious-body-butter-with-just-three-ingredients/