Many of us struggle to keep up with our to-do lists as we balance work expectations, hectic kids schedules, and cooking, cleaning and other daily activities. It’s often easier to grab a handful of chips than create a healthy snack when we get hungry.
It’s important to realize that food choice have a huge impact on the way we feel and function. Processed foods only increase feelings of stress and anxiety, so the best way to keep energy levels high and stress levels low is to keep blood sugar levels balanced throughout the day.
This can be accomplished by eating real food in balance. Balanced eating means including real protein such as meat and eggs, healthy carbs like fruit and vegetables, and good fats like nuts and avocado, with each meal and snack. Try these quick and easy balanced snack ideas:
- A boiled egg with celery and peanut butter
- Slicked turkey with apple slices and nuts
- Salmon salad on Wasa crackers
- Sliced ham on Wasa crackers spread with cream cheese
- Cottage cheese with fruit and sunflower seeds