Instead of pairing soybeans with the usual Asian flavors, this recipe calls for chipotle chiles (they add smoky flavor) and cumin.
14 ounces of frozen edamame in the pods
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 chipotle in adobo – stemmed, seeded and minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
2. Add the edamame and cook for about 4 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil with the minced chipotle, minced garlic and ground cumin.
4. Add the edamame pods and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is softened (one-two minutes).
5. Season the edamame with salt and black pepper and transfer to a bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature.