Makes 10 servings (10 each)
2-1/2 cups grated zucchini
1/4 cup parsley chopped
1/4 cup onion chopped finely
1 pinch black pepper and rock salt to taste
1 cup almond flour/coconut flour
zest from 1 lemon
1 cup chopped spinach
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place dry ingredients in a large bowl (almond flour, salt and pepper, and baking powder) in a large bowl. Mix until combined, set aside.
2. In a food processor, shred zucchini (or use a large grater). Place zucchini in a bowl and salt, set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Wring out the zucchini in one of the following ways: pressing it against the holes of a colander with a wooden spoon to extract the water, squeezing out small handfuls at a time, or wrapping it up in a clean dishtowel or piece of cheese cloth and wringing away. Be sure to remove as much water as possible to prevent soggy fritters. Return deflated mass of zucchini shreds to bowl.
4. Taste and if you think it could benefit from more salt (most rinses down the drain), add a little bit more In a smaller bowl, beat eggs, add parsley, spinach, and onion. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until well combined, mix in zucchini.
6. Heat a large skillet and olive oil. Scoop up a large spoon full of zucchini mixture and place in pan.
7. Let the fritter cook until it is browned and somewhat firm, flip. Place fitters on a paper towel and keep in a warm place until ready to serve.
Calories: 118.36 | Total Fat: 6.26g | Carbohydrates: 11.66g | Protein: 4.56g | Cholesterol: 64.42mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 0g