Quinoa and Broccoli Patties
Makes about 4-5 servings (8-10 patties)
-1 cup quinoa
-2 cups water
-3 spring onions, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 broccoli head
-1/2 cup breadcrumbs
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1/3 cup cheese, grated
-1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper
-Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Place quinoa in a mesh strainer and rinse well under cold water. Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of boiling water for about 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
2. Steam the broccoli until tender, then chop finely.
3. In a large bowl combine quinoa with the rest of ingredients, broccoli, spring onions, garlic, cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and herbs.
4. Form the quinoa mixture into patties, and place on a plate.
5. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
6. Line a plate with paper towel. Add the patties onto the frying pan and cook until well browned, about 6-8 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared paper towel plate to remove any excess grease.
1 Serving – Calories:237, Fat:9.4 g, Saturated Fat:2.8 g, Carbohydrates:28.3 g, Sugar:1.3 g, Fiber:3.7 g, Protein:10.6 g, Cholesterol:73 mg, Calories from Fat 85, Sodium 129 mg, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 91%, Calcium 10%, Iron 22%,Nutrition Grade A-, Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
For step-by-step directions and pictures see recipehere:http://www.homecookingadventure.com/recipes/quinoa-and-broccoli-patties