We love Wellness Mama and all of her fabulous blog recipes. She offers natural recipes for a lot of home products. We found a recipe for homemade lip chap. It’s a wonderful recipe to try – it has natural ingredients that aren’t harmful and it works just like lip chap you’d buy at the drugstore.
– 1 part beeswax (example- 1 tablespoon)
– 2 parts shea, cocoa or mango butter (example-2 tablespoons)
– 2 parts coconut oil (example-2 tablespoons)
– 20 drops of essential oil of choice (or more or less to your preference) I use 20+ drops of peppermint essential oil for a cooling and refreshing lip chap.
1. Put about an inch of water in the bottom of a small pan and turn on medium heat.
2. Place a small (pint size or smaller) jar in the water, being careful not to get in water inside the jar.
3. Place all ingredients except the essential oils inside the glass jar and slowly melt, making sure not to get any water in jar. I use 2 tablespoons each of the butter(s) and coconut oil and 1 tablespoons of beeswax. This fills about 18 tubes.
4. When all ingredients are melted, stir well and turn off heat, but leave jar in the water to keep warm.
5. Stir in the essential oils.
6. Use a glass dropper to quickly fill the [url:5]containers[/url]. I leave the jar in the water but turn off the heat to keep the ingredients liquid while I do this.
7. The mixture will settle slightly as it cools, so I also re-top the containers after about 2 minutes as they start to harden.
8. Let sit without touching for several hours or until completely hardened.
9. Store in a cool dry place (they will last for at least a year if stored correctly).
More information can be found at: http://wellnessmama.com/7055/homemade-lip-chap-recipe/