4 cups raw cauliflower rice
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup soft goat cheese (chevre)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
pinch of salt
1. Simply pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved.
2. Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the “rice” and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
3. Once you’ve strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel. Wrap up the steamed rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, then SQUEEEEEEEZE all the excess moisture out! It’s amazing how much liquid will be released, which will leave you with a nice and dry pizza crust.
4. In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, goat cheese, and spices.
Don’t be afraid to use your hands! You want it very well mixed.
5. Press the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (It’s important that it’s lined with parchment paper, which is not to be confused with WAX paper– they’re very different!) Keep the dough about 1/3″ thick, and make the edges a little higher for a “crust” effect, if you like.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400F.The crust should be firm and golden brown when finished.
7. Now’s the time to add all your favorites– sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like.
8. Return the pizza to the 400F oven, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Then slice and serve immediately!