2 Tbsp half and half
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
½ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 asparagus spears
½ C shredded gruyere cheese (or swiss cheese)
1 Tbsp bread crumbs
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 C coarsely chopped arugula leaves (can also use fresh spinach)
1. Preheat the broiler
2. Beat the eggs, half and half, thyme, salt and pepper together in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut the asparagus into 1” pieces. Bring a sauce pan of lightly salted water to a boil, add the asparagus, and reduce the heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drain the asparagus and pat dry.
4. Combine the asparagus with the cheese and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl.
5. Toss to combine.Melt the butter in a 10” flameproof skillet over medium heat. When it has stopped foaming, add the arugula. Sauté the arugula until just wilted, 1 minute. Lower the heat to medium low and our in the egg mixture. Cook until the bottom is set, the top should still be wet, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the asparagus mixture.
6. Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until the frittata is golden, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.