Being depressed can make you feel helpless. It can make you feel like you don’t want to get out of bed or participating in life. Remember you’re not helpless. Between therapy and sometimes medication there is a lot on your own that you can do to fight back.
- Get into a routine – Having structure in your life and setting a routine can help you get your life back on track.
- Set goals – Accomplishing a task can bring great pride and happiness.
- Exercise – It temporarily boosts feel-good chemicals called endorphins.
- Eat healthy – If depression tends to make you overeat, getting in control of your eating will help you feel better.
- Get enough sleep – Depression can make it hard to get enough shut-eye, and too little sleep can make depression worse.
- Take on responsibility – When you’re depressed, you may want to pull back from life and give up your responsibilities at home and at work. Don’t. Staying involved and having daily responsibilities can help you maintain a lifestyle that can help counter depression.
- Challenge negative thoughts – Use logic as natural depression treatment.
- Check with your doctor before using supplements – Some supplements have shown evidence that they can help with depression, those include fish oil, folic acid, and SAMe.
- Do something new – When you’re depressed, you’re in a rut. Push yourself to do something different.
- Try to have fun – When a person is depressed nothing seems fun. Make time for things you enjoy.
For more information visit: http://www.webmd.com/depression/features/natural-treatments?page=2