1. Glowing Green Smoothie – Filled with complex carbs, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. It won’t weigh you down during a workout!
2. Chia Seeds – Loaded with omega-3 for sustained energy, protein, and antioxidants.
3. Power Protein Smoothie – Helps to replenish your supply after a workout. Helps repair tissue!
4. Coconut Water – After a workout drink coconut water to replenish electrolytes!
5. Quinoa – If you work out later in the day eating quinoa at lunch can help with the carbo load. It’s a great energy food!
6. Avocado – Helps provide healthy fat for that energetic boost for an afternoon workout.
7. Nuts and Seeds – Cover all of your macronutrient bases: carbs, protein, and fat. Helps provide a boost of energy.
8. Banana – Great pre workout food! Full of complex carbs, minerals such as potassium and fiber.
9. Oatmeal – Pre workout helps with energy boost, great for a quick, intense workout session.
10. Veggies and Hummus – Post-workout snack. Helps replenish glycogen and provides small amount of plant protein for muscle repair.
This helpful information came from: http://kimberlysnyder.com/blog/2012/05/17/10-foods-you-should-eat-for-pre-and-post-workout/